GoCardless is an online tool which makes it easy for you to pay you by Direct Debit.
- You only need to set up payment once - complete an online form and, unlike with a bank transfer, cash, cheque or card payment, you won’t have to remember to pay next time. Which means no accidental disruptions to your service, subscription or membership.
- Unless you change bank accounts, you won’t have to worry about updating your payment details either (unlike, if your debit card expires, or is lost or stolen).
- Paying through GoCardless gives you certainty. You’ll know exactly how much you’re paying and when it will come out, which can help with budgeting.
- With GoCardless you are notified that a payment is coming out in advance, giving you the chance to raise any issues about the payment.
- With Direct Debit, your payments are protected. For example, in the UK, you are fully protected under the Direct Debit Guarantee, meaning you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund for any payment taken in error.
- You can cancel the Direct Debit mandate at any time for example through your online banking, immediately stopping future payments (although this will of course affect access to your services).
- GoCardless is ISO 27001 accredited, (ISO 27001 is a widely recognised, internationally accepted standard for information security). It is also authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services as an Authorised Payment Institution across the European Union.